My philosphy

My philosphy

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Introduction

So why start a blog? So many people nowadays blog, what makes mine so special? Nothing. I have been tossing around this idea for a few weeks now, but couldn't REALLY think of anything exciting, interesting or worthwhile to blog about. My life? Well, isn't that what Facebook is for? To post pictures and real time comments about what I am doing, and who I am with. MySpace has a blog spot, but I hardly ever use MySpace anymore. Either way, all the excitement and drama of moving into my first home with the man I will spend my life with is well covered on Facebook...and who really wants to read about that (besides me)?!

I will admit, I am fascinated by other people's blogs. I love to read blogs posted by old friends, then wander around reading their friend's blogs, I will waste SO much time just reading blogs of people I have never and will never meet. I have also found myself addicted to one blog in particular, Fully Vetted, it's on PetMD and is written by a VMD (Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris) who lives in Miami. I get her blog delivered to my inbox every morning, and read it over coffee. I love to read her stories on clients, animals in the media, patients, her farm, or anything else that she writes about. I am disappointed on the mornings her blog isn't sent out until after I leave for work! I guess you could say she is my inspiration for blogging.

So there it is, my topic. The one thing in life I am so very passionate about. Veterinary Medicine...felines to be more specific. I have been working as a Vet Tech for 6 years, and am hoping to FINALLY start school to become a Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) Fall 2011. Since I started working at my current clinic in March 2010, I have fostered several kittens. Most are neonates (under four weeks of age) and required bottle feeding, and almost all had some health problem that needed addressing. I haven't been without a kitten in my house since March now!

Life is certainly never dull around me, so why not blog about that. About all the comings and goings with my fosters. About the drama from having 2 adult cats, 1 kitten and 3 dogs in addition to my fosters (and the very patient boyfriend who allows it). About work, how felines are viewed by the public, and how they don't always get the care and attention they deserve. About feline specific's....medicine, anatomy, physiology, behavior, nutrition. About all things cat's that I love.

I am 23 years old, and I am the Crazy Cat Lady

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog! :)If you don't mind I will put a link to it on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind at all! I didn't know you had a blog, I will have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going kate! The world does care...especially us feline kind...:) Look forward to your next post! Christina

    ReplyDelete