My philosphy

My philosphy

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hudson's First Radiographs!

I swear, having Hudson is like having a toddler...except I am not expected to dress him up and take him out in public! Hudson is at least VERY litterbox trained, and will hold any BM or urine until he has a box. He just gets into EVERYTHING! Todd and I just bought "child" safety locks for our new standing pantry to keep the kitten out! I caught Hudson one day, running across the room and body slamming into the cabinet trying to open the doors! I had to take him into work a few weeks ago for abdominal radiographs because he "discovered" the thumbtacks on my bulletin board and was worried he ate one! Thankfully he didn't, I decided to post his radiograph :)

This Monday I had to take Huddy into work because in the middle of the night he got on top of our fridge and ate some chocolate chip cookies and the head off a sugar cookie man! I took him to work to observe him, and we noticed some pretty bad diarrhea. Now, that can be due to an overgrowth of certain bacterias in his GI system, or dietary indiscretion...how do we find out which, spend $92.50 on a Fecal Culture and get the results in a week! It really could be either, this has been an off and on occurrence with Huddy (the diarrhea...the counter surfing is constant!). The other night I made some Hot Chocolate, I used a package of regular hot chocolate, a package of dark chocolate, milk and Kahlua...I turned my back for a minute, and Hudson was lapping up my drink! I sometimes think he is suicidal! In addition to Hudson having issues and adding to my Vet Bill, my other "problem child' Cole (a lab mix) may have yet ANOTHER rare and interesting disease...Hypoparathyroidism! So, I will be at my current job forever paying off my bill!

Hudson's 1st lateral abdominal radiograph

1 comment:

  1. That is cool! Hudson sure picked the right mom, most owners would be furious but you take it all in stride. I'll bet the diarrhea smelled great at work :) !!! You're one heck of a great cat lover Kate! I'm laughing at him & can't wait for him to star in his own YouTube channel!!! What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete