My philosphy

My philosphy

Friday, August 19, 2011

Update!

Wow, time really has slipped away from me! I have been so busy lately, I haven't thought about updating my blog at all! I have been keeping busy with Heal'd Kittens on Facebook, trying to enjoy the little Summer break I had before classes start again, and taking care of my special needs group of animals.

Here is what has been going on...

Last Saturday (8/13/11) we lost my oldest cat Fluff. She was diagnosed with Renal Insufficiency (Kidney problems) two years ago. We were lucky to get two great years after her diagnosis though. It was extremely difficult to make the decision to euthanize her, because I have had her for 18 years. I remember finding her at the local SPCA in Dover Delaware...I was 8 years old! I miss her terribly, but feel grateful for all the wonderful times we shared, and for having such loving family, friends and co-workers (who are more friends/family than anything) to help me get through this. Two days ago I got her paw prints tattooed on my back. At work, after euthanasia's we take an ink pad and get the pets paw prints for a sympathy card. I decided to take that one step forward and just get her paw prints tattooed! I have been tearing through pictures lately, looking for more of Fluff. I have found some, but not many. I guess when I was 6 years old, taking pictures of my new kitten was not a priority!
My baby girls paw prints!

Last Thursday (8/11/11) I received AMAZING news....I made it into the Vet Tech Program at Trident Technical College! The Vet Tech classes start this Tuesday the 23th!!

I will have classes 5 days a week...and work 4 half days weekly. If I am not at work, I am at school...this should be interesting but worth it! I will graduate May 2013.
This semester I am taking-
  • Microbiology
  • Animal Anatomy and Physiology
  • Animal Breeds and Husbandry
  • Animal Nutrition
I was so happy when I got the call from Benji, who is the Faculty LVT & works with me part time...I wasn't sure how to react, so I cried, cussed and laughed all at the same time! 
This semesters books (to the left of the yellow one is a GIANT black binder, which is full of lecture slides/notes)


We also starting bandaging Willow's legs, and changed the bandages last Tuesday for the first time. They look a little straighter. She is such an awesome kitten for it! We sedated her the first time, but had to re-bandage later in the day because she pulled them off! We have been doing it sans-sedation ever since.  
Her second bandage change, she was NOT pleased ♥



Hudson has been causing his fair share of trouble. Between having Raven in our room, then Fluff while she was sick, and now Willow...he hasn't really been in our room since the beginning of July. Which apparently means he needs to eat our bedding....

Don't worry Hudson, I only got that blanket after my Ur Oma (Great Grandmother) passed away....
I guess eating the ties off were not enough!
So life has been busy, but good for the most part. I will try to update this blog more regularly, however with a full work and school schedule, it will be tough - I won't lie!

1 comment:

  1. Geez, Hudson! Wow - I didn't know a cat would eat bedding, that's incredible. Have a relaxing day~tomorrow looks busy, Kate, and Willow's buddy here said, "Wow - she's getting big!" Smart kid!!!

    Love you all and congrats! You're doing great, Kate!

    ReplyDelete